Wednesday, August 10, 2016

TONYMOLY Tomatox Magic Massage Pack


TonyMoly is famous for having adorable packaging of their products. Check this mask. It looks so much better than real tomatoes you find in NZ in winter. I wish I could chop chop it in my salad. 

Anyways, the pretty tomato is in fact a very famous and well-known worldwide Korean whitening mask. If you are new to K-beauty (short name for Korean cosmetics trend), start your journey with this product!

TonyMoly Tomatox mask

Quick note: For those who are thrown away by the word "whitening", neither do I like my skin to be whiter, however, "whitening" also means "helping an even color" which is something we all strive for, right?

TonyMoly is claiming that this mask will not only clean your skin but will also make it look brighter and will minimize appearance of blemishes and spots. Tomato extract is meant to detoxify skin and help to get rid of impurities and dirt trapped in your pores. Spoiler here! It does all of these.

TonyMoly Tomatox mask, still plenty left after being used 2-3 times a week for a month


First, clean your face, apply toning and finally use an appropriate amount of mask on the whole face. This product is called a massage pack and instructions suggest you actually massage this gently all over the face for 1-2 minutes. I'm not exactly sure how you'd do that. I tried several times but the mask seems to be too liquid? So I just ignore that part and apply the mask as normal.
You then want to leave it for 10-15 min. 

Finally, instructions tell you to wash the mask off with warm water. Haha! You'll read a lot of reviews where people complain it's actually a pain in the neck to get the product off your skin. It's liquidish, yes, but still sticky and leaves white spots here and there. My way, which works 100%, is to use a sponge or a cloth to wash the mask off. I use konjac sponge but anything spongy will work really. Will save you lots of time!

TonyMoly Tomatox mask
Once done, you'll immediately notice that your skin color looks more even, it might even appear whiter (which is a visual effect of the mask, not a real whitening, in my opinion). Blemishes will not disappear straight away but they will be less noticeable, and your skin will definitely feel and appear cleaner. 

Ingredients:

Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Water, Sorbitol, Titanium Dioxide, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Niacinamide, PVP, Squalane, Polysorbate 60, Pearl Powder, Coral Powder, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract , Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract , Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Saururus Chinensis Extract, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Arginine, Aluminum Hydroxide , Fragrance, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Propylparaben, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mannitol, Sucrose, Tocopheryl Acetate.

Price:

Approximately 8330 KRW (8 USD)

Do I like it?

Yes yes yes. It cleans my skin really well, yet doesn't dry it at all! When I just got Tomatox, I've been using it every second day and had no allergic reactions what so ever. My skin looked very even, bright and healthy. The mask does everything it claims. 
I haven't used it for a week now and my skin still looks the same good.

Will I buy it again?

Yes yes yes. It will be my must have and I have bought a pack for mom already.

What skin it will be suitable for?

All skin types. Especially skin with uneven tone. Would totally suit aged skin.

Not suitable for?

Tomato extract is a major ingredient in the mask and I would imagine people allergic to certain fruit extracts might have a reaction to it. TonyMoly sells samples of Tomatox, so you might want to test them first if there're any allergy concerns you have. 

My overall impression of TonyMoly Tomatox mask is 5/5. I would recommend it to absolutely anyone. Great price/value/quality ratio as well.
Have you used this product? Is it your must have?

No comments:

Post a Comment