Monday, August 15, 2016

HolikaHolika Soda Pore BB deep cleansing oil


HolikaHolika Soda Pore BB deep cleansing oil was one product I had to try because everybody was calling it "the best cleansing oil they have ever tried". Spoiler alert! I agree completely.

My bathroom ducks are loving Soda Pore cleansing oil as much as I do

If you are knew to cleansing oils I'll throw some basic information you'd need to know. 
I'm trying to keep my reviews short (so people can actually read them without falling asleep) but if you have questions, please let me know. Would be happy to help if I can.
  • Many silicone based products (nearly all BBs, CCs, traditional foundations and make up bases) can't be removed from your skin with water and soap. You need oil to break their bonds.
  • If you don't remove the products mentioned above, they will clog your pores, and as a result your skin tone will be dull and uneven and you will have blemishes and blackheads. Some people get an instant reaction (this is me! If i don't properly wash my face before going to bed = lot's of pimples next morning), others would only notice this change overtime.
BY THE WAY, there's this really cool experiment I'd recommend reading. The person slept in their make up for 1 month, and see what happened to their skin: horror story for skin
Now, this person did not remove their make up at all, and this is obviously an extreme case scenario which does prove how important it's to clean your skin well.
So...
  • K-beauty in short is all about two major steps: cleaning and moisturizing. Good cleaning is an essential start of absolutely all skin care routines in Korea.
  • Koreans use a two-step cleansing process: oil and soap. Oil "opens" pores and removes make up products that do not dissolve in water, washes away dirt and access oil produced by skin. Soap (by soap I mean traditional cleansing products) removed the rest + the cleansing oil.
How to use

Apply on dry skin with your hands (usually two pumps are enough for me), rub gently all around and wash away with water. You'll notice the oil turn into lotion like liquid when in contact with water. Follow up with your "normal" cleansing product (soap, foam, etc).

Veeeery oily 
After adding a little water
Some people say it removes their waterproof mascara as well. I don't agree, my non-waterproof mass-market one turns into panda eyes and nothing else. So this should be solved separately.  

The oil comes in a 150 ml plastic bottle (which looks like glass) and has a protective "lock", so you can put it in a travel bag and not worry about leaks. Great invention, please all other manufactures read this!! 

The bottle will last me for around 3 months (using it once a day every day).

Ingredients

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil,Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,S orbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polybutene, Water, Hexyldecyl Myristoyl Methylaminopropionate, Butylene Glycol, Mineral Water, Propylene Glycol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract,Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Propyl Paraben

Price

Approximately 12500 KRW or 12 USD

Do I like it and will I buy again

I love it! Finally my skin feels 100% clean. And no more morning surprises after using silicone based products during the day. This was a huge problem all my life, and I can't believe it's finally solved. 

Will buy again and again.

What skin it's suitable/not suitable for

I've read literally a million of reviews, and everybody loves this cleansing oil. People with problem pores noticed an improvement over time. 

This soda pore oil will be a perfect cleansing product for oily skin with large pores and a tendency to clog. 
Must have for anybody using BBs, CCs and other silicone based products (read: nearly any cosmetics). 
It will suit other skin types as well but if your skin is, for example, super dry, you might want to try an oil for your skin type (just to get the maximum benefits).

My overall impression is 4.75/5. I took 0.25 point off just to be fair since this oil won't remove a water-proof mascara, but honestly, it's not something I expected at all. I always remove mascara with a separate product designed for sensitive skin around eyes anyways.

To me this oil is a definite must have and love at first sight. Would recommend to anyone.
Have you tried it? Is it good? 






  

No comments:

Post a Comment